Blogs > Lighten Up With Ann

33-year-old Ann Plumley of Mentor is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Iron Man

Do I have it in me to do an Iron Man? No, not the race where you do it all in one day. They YMCA is sponsoring an Iron Man program. You enter and then have to run 26.2 miles, bike 112 miles and swim 2 miles. If you can do it within 2 weeks you get a gold prize, 4 weeks silver and 6 weeks bronze. I am not so worried about the prizes but I think I would like to push myself to meet all the requirements in at least the 6 week period. The swimming will be the hardest I think. I have no idea how many laps that would be. Just finding the time to actually swim when the pool is open would be a challenge in itself. The other thing that would be a challenge  is the running. I can choose to do a modified Iron Man where walking is allowed but I want to really push myself. Setting high goals is the point of joining this Lighten Up competition so that is what I am going to do!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just FYI, I was told when I signed up that 18 laps in the Y's pool equals 0.25 miles

February 16, 2013 at 3:19 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home