Blogs > Lighten Up With Ann

33-year-old Ann Plumley of Mentor is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Iron Man

Sunday - 40 minutes = 10 miles
Monday 80 minutes = 1 mile
Tuesday - 34 minutes = 3 miles
 
This was quite a change of pace in everything! Sunday I was biking, Monday swimming, and Tuesday jogging. I never realized how slow a swimmer I am! I am doing all of these things to try to complete an Iron Man triathalon in 6 weeks through the YMCA. Even though I am very sore and tired from the past three days, I am also impressed with myself. I can already tell a real difference in my fitness level. Before I never would have been able to swim for an hour and twenty minutes straight. I never thought I was going to reach the 1 mile mark but I did it! I did not give up. I also managed to jog for 34 minutes without any walking breaks. I never would have pushed myself to that extent before either. It feels good to be able to do things that I couldn't before. Yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home