Blogs > Lighten Up With Ann

33-year-old Ann Plumley of Mentor is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Disappointing Morning

This morning did not turn out the way I wanted it to. I got up early to go to the YMCA like I usually do. I knew as soon as I started walking around the house, however, that running today was going to be a challenge. I have developed a blister on the side of my left instep from my attempts to get the running for the Iron Man done. Today this blister was showing no mercy. It was hurting in bed before I got up. I hoped that a good band-aid and pair of socks would help and headed off the Y. They did not help. I managed to limp through one mile on the treadmill and then had to quit. This was far from my 4 mile goal for the day. I then went to the bike and did 5 miles, but I did not feel good about it.
 
To make matters worse I completely blew my diet at breakfast. I set out to only have a bowl of cereal but got derailed. There was one pancake left so I went ahead and ate it. My daughter did not finish her muffins or her toaster strudel so I ate those too along with my bowl of cereal. Not a good start to eating for the day. I think I managed to eat all the calories I had struggled to burn while exercising.
 
I am going to have to back off on the exercising until I can get this blister patched up somehow. I hope this doesn't mean bad news on the scale!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home