Blogs > Lighten Up With Ann

33-year-old Ann Plumley of Mentor is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Different way to measure

As I become increasingly frustrated with the small movement on the scale, I have also been increasingly pleased in other areas. I need to keep reminding myself that health is measured in many ways. It is not just a number on a scale. I can tell the benefits in other areas- I can swim farther than before, my waist is trimmer, I can hold a plank for 45 seconds, I am finally able to do a complete sit-up, and today I ran the equivalent of a 5k in 31 minutes! All of these make me feel proud and help me to remember the work is worth it no matter what the scale might say.

Sent from my iPod

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home