Blogs > Lighten Up With Ann

33-year-old Ann Plumley of Mentor is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Trying New Things

One of my favorite things about this lighten up program is that it encourages me to try new things. Last year when I participated, I tried a fitness class at Lake Health. This really opened my eyes to the fact that I am able to do work with weights and different cardio moves that I normally would not try. Now that I have realized this I am trying all sorts of new things that I normally wouldn't. I did the Iron Man at the Y. I have taken zumba, spinning, trx and cross fit classes. I have started running and am signed up for 2 5K races this spring. To complete my list of new things that I am trying I have started taekwondo. The rest of my family does it and now I do to. I have only gone to two classes but I have started and done so successfully. I like the feeling of knowing that I can face new challenges with confidence and self assurance. Attitude makes all the difference!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home